8 June 2021
23 April 2020
21 April 2020
17 March 2020
- Not that new, but I had overlooked it: there is a disk image with five missions. And the extra mission it is not just freshly coded, but was hidden in the original code.
28 February 2019
- In a rare piece of news, I found another review in 3-2-1 contact magazine.
29 November 2018
- Incredible, there are still big surprises. This time I tracked down a Taiwanese version of the PC game. Colourful, truly different, and probably bootlegged.
8 November 2018
- Massive reorganisation of the library of international boxes. A lot of new detailed scans, better navigation, some new local versions, including:
- New pictures of the UK disk release, with included advertising.
30 October 2018
- While browsing around on youtube, I found two re-orchestrated versions of the game music. They seem to be using the original sid files, but changing the output to more versatile midi instruments. So both are very true to the original soundtrack.
6 October 2018
- I've waited 15 years for this: I finally hold a ridiculously expensive copy of the Double Accolade Edition in my hands. It contains just the standard Psi 5 and Law of the West US floppy versions, but on the front of the slip case you find one of my favourites artworks in the computer world.
2 June 2018
- Small update: a French advert from Tilt, issue 29/86.
- Removed the guest book, since all it did was attract spam bots, with just one genuine post in 15 years. Whow, 15 years of psi.cerebus.de ...
19 May 2018
- In the hottest news since the pirates of Zipo-Aga were defeated: A real-life Psi-5 enamel badge is now available for purchase! An exclusive treat for all space captains who fought on the Parvin Frontier.
04 March 2018
- Totally out of nowhere, an Italian PC version has popped up. It's special, since it
was released on 3.5" floppy.
- If you wondered how to best load a tape in WinVice, you can now follow these
tape instructions, provided by JC.
07 January 2018
- I found the rare Swedish manual. See the comparison page for more details.
29 December 2017
1 November 2017
23 August 2016
21 August 2016
20 August 2016
2 April 2016
8 November 2015
7 June 2015
- The goodies keep rolling in: the Dutch tape edition arrived. I added a translation of the inlay, but unfortunately it came without a manual.
19 May 2015
- I managed to get hold of the Swedish edition, published by Action.
Unfortunately without the manual, but you can see a better resolution image of back and front now.
- A few pictures and text changes were missing, so the links in the news from 1 May made no sense.
They do now.
1 May 2015
- The internet never forgets? The hell it doesn't. Two of the online emulators have gone. On the plus side,
there now is a link to a
PC emulator available.
- You can now post your
highscores to show off to the rest of the world.
10 May 2014
- A few more pieces of PSI-5 jetsam have been washed up on the beaches of the internet,
including a Spanish game screenshot, just so you see that is has been done...
- An ad for the Spanish version of the game, thanks to
- A two page ad or brochure for the Accolade portfolio of the game. What I
find very interesting is that PSI 5 is not offered for the Apple II. The mystery
continues: has it ever been published for Apple?
12 January 2014
2 June 2013
- Something of a mystery surfaced: a large colour edition
of the PC manual. It's too large to fit in the original packaging, so I don't know where it
comes from. See the comparison page for
26 May 2013
- A nice discovery in the C64 alternative version:
It implements a demo mode, where some sort of AI plays the game. Not very successfully,
19 May 2013
- And the news keep coming. You can now play the PCW version in an emulator,
in all its monochrome glory, thanks again to Billy.
- for consistency, the PCW screenshots now depict the weapons
crew candidates, like in the other versions.
- It turns out there is yet another C64 version, this one
with an additional mission. You can download the alternate disks,
to have a look, but they don't work properly.
11 May 2013
- Exciting! Screenshots of the rare PCW version have been sent by Greek fan Billy.
- and to go with it, a Greek review of the C64 version, from Pixel magazine.
- Another round of dead link removal, the web is ever eroding
24 July 2012
- Appropriately for a trading company, the first merchandise
26 April 2012
- There is a first trace of the elusive Apple II version,
even if it's just a crack screen.
29 January 2012
25 January 2012
- Something genuinely new: a web comic chose Psi 5 as its topic.
Have a look in the comic section, which
I have moved to the more appropriate "Pics" group.
22 November 2011
A delightful Swedish ad with a portrait of a friendly Yeela starts the new year.
This also triggered a slight reformatting of the
As a side effect, the ad also resolves the mystery of what used to be the
Unknown Tape Version! It's the Swedish release.
18 March 2011
- The advances in online translation helped me to create a more fluent english version
of the inspired review by Antares.
12 March 2011
- I have physical copies of all the well known release formats now, see the new pictures
for Amstrad PC and
Spectrum Collections that contained Psi 5.
- These collections contain yet more variations on the included documentation,
presented on the comparison page.
26 February 2011
- Added the Spanish edition to my collection
and celebrated by improved pictures.
- New pictures also for the Australian release.
- A detailed comparison of the manuals
show that they weren't all the same.
- A full screenshot of the anniversary edition
shows that it's worth downloading.
12 February 2011
- Improved picture of the Spanish edition.
- General spellchecking, mostly in the crew CVs.
30 December 2010
13 December 2010
- I obtained a copy of the Australian edition and added
- If you're Swedish, you may want to follow the Swedish Wiki link.
25 April 2009
- A much improved tips page now has a summary of
crew tips, reformatted collected game strategies, and, most exciting, starmaps
giving away the potential location of pirate ships!
- The Crew Quotes now also contain the full
CV information for each crew member
- The usual link and content update to keep everything smooth. As this is a retro
page, the death of geocities destroyed quite a few old links.
18 April 2009
- Extra, extra, read all about it: the Anniversary Edition
of the game is here! A complete rewrite with hires graphics, faithful to every detail of
20 April 2008
- I finally moved to a new provider with more space and can
add content again. Several small, but nice additions:
- another review, this time from Norway
- a new ad from Crash magazine
- a surprisingly positive spectrum review in Computer Gamer
- and the lovely Spanish game box, with a
- plus the usual fixing of moved/disappeared links
8 April 2008
- Coders wanted! Another attempt at a new version
(this time online) has been kicked off.
22 February 2008
- The biggest news: you can now read all the funny
crew messages! Have all the fun without
playing over and over again, making notes.
- Two more
Spectrum ads thanks to
World of Spectrum.
- Again some link fixing. The web is a very volatile place...
15 October 2007
- One of the reviews (the PC version from
allgame.com was only shown partially
on this website, it's there in its full length now
- The depths of googles caches have revealed another fragment
of Samuli Heikkilä's psi5-2000 project.
I should really have pulled a local copy at the time, he had had some
lovely rendered graphics there, including a short video.
- The uncracked
C64 boot screen has been replaced
by a crisper image.
- The Comic pages looked a bit
broken on hires screens, that is hopefully fixed
20 March 2007
- From the marketing division, have a look at a new
magazine advertising, the one
I labelled "Another Magazine ad", lacking any further info.
- Two new
reviews, from allgame.com, for the
C64 and PC versions were added.
- So was a picture of an
Amstrad re-release, as part of a 4-game collection.
- And finally I found out about a little
easter egg hidden in the ZX version.
20 October 2006
3 September 2006
- Beeep, blip blip, krkrkr bleep! You can now enjoy the
full PC experience! Thanks to Unkillable Cat from the Underdogs,
there is now a set of
PC binaries with working sound.
- My god. The final episode of the Comic
has not been linked
and nobody complained. Go, read it all including Episode 6, now!
- Another special edition in
a nice box is documented.
- Once again links were verified and fixed.
4 June 2006
- Great things throw their shadows: A completely rewritten
Jubilee Edition is on the horizon!
7 April 2006
- Finally, you can read how Bobby's, well, exciting, comic adventure
ends. Go to the Comics page and enjoy
all 6 episodes.
31 March 2006
- In an attempt to get closer to the original game feeling,
- Help page, since there has been the odd report that people
found the navigation confusing. It's linked to the ? on each page.
- And something I always wanted to do: a site icon. Doesn't seem to
work in IE, though :-( Web developers, any tips?
29 March 2006
- Added a new raving online review from GameFAQs,
and a third Spanish online review
- You can now examine the demo version
online, or download it as a disk image!
- A bit of brushing up text and crosslinks.
When it rains, it pours, as they say. News galore. I discovered
26 March 2006
- New (or rather quite old...) ads
for the game
- Two more reviews of the ZX version,
from "Your Sinclair" and "ZX Computing".
They are really an active community.
- A personal review from Denmark.
- A second online emulator, slightly different
to operate, pick your favourite.
4 March 2006
- Hooray! Almost the complete
Computer Warrior comic is available online
now for your reading pleasure!
29 March 2005
- Finally, finally, I found a first trace of the
Computer Warrior comic! Unfortunately
it appears to be only the introduction to a 6 part series, but hey,
have you ever seen even 1 part?
- Fixed a display issue in IE with the interviews, and some links
11 June 2004
- The Australians apparently liked the game,
and had another tape edition.
- I found the last review I know of: the one from
commodore power/play, a very favourable
- And last, but not least: an exclusive interview with
From the memories of an old fan to the readers of these pages exclusively.
9 May 2004
- It gets more and more and more international: a picture of the
Australian tape edition. Unfortunately the
shipping costs alone were too high for me to start bidding, so all you get
is the fuzzy picture from ebay.
- No news, but I realised that bloody Internet Exploiter is to stupid to
display the same blue in gif and png files in the same colour. So unless
you switch to some proper software like Opera, you have to live with the
slightly different shades in the menu bar for now :-(
26 April 2004
- Another devastating spectrum review, this time
from Sinclair User. Porting the game really didn't work, it seems.
- Fixed a slight colour problem with the new blinking cursor layout.
25 April 2004
- While I'm playing with my camera: An
overview picture helps to visualise how the foldout cover actually
- Fixed a few broken links. Most notably, alas, the
Psi-5 Project 2000 has gone from us :-(
13 April 2004
4 April 2004
- Something for the French visitors: the back cover of the
French C64 version, and a closeup of the European floppy
- Since the postman brought a new camera: improved
pictures of the C64 and CPC versions. Mind you, I still try to keep them small,
so they are not perfect.
23 March 2004
- I have a lucky streak: another review
turned up. The Zzap!64 game magazine gives decent, though not excited grades.
- And as if that wasn't enough, there's also one of the elusive ads
21 December 2003
- A new review from Commodore Computing International,
that awards Psi 5 the
- Much improved picture of the PC version
- I found a picture of a tape version I never
saw before. If you can identify it, please contact me!
20 December 2003
- Exciting news: you can play the game online!
At least the spectrum version.
21 October 2003
- Comments on what the companies
that made Psi 5 do today.
- Proper credits for the provider of the Happy Computer
- Checked and updated links to external sites.
page loading, and fixed a cosmetic bug in IE
(a lighter blue box to the right of the last menu item)
19 October 2003
- New review information,
unfortunately only a magazine name, not the content
- Link to another fan page
- ...and, tadaaa! The biggest news since the site started:
I got the PC version of the game,
and expected the booklet to basically
be a copy of the original one. Which it is until page 10. Then
Mike Lorenzen adds a full 16 pages of dense information: he
paints a vivid story background, chats about software piracy,
and best of all opens his treasure box for the most amazing set
of playing tips!
This is the dream of every Psi 5 fan come true, why didn't
anybody tell me before what was hiding in that seemingly cloned
PC issue ;-)
29 September 2003
28 September 2003
- New sound effect: the gong when
you acknowledge an incoming message
- Missile sound effect without background music
- HMTL change to use proper font in Opera 7