A word in advance: there are almost as many strategies as there are authors.
So, in the end, it's up to you. But you can base your strategy on he experience
of all these brave captains.
- Do you want to improve the odds? I obtained (with a little help from
Gary Wong) the secret space maps from Admiral Lorenzen! They show the
distribution of pirates on the various courses and should help you to
avoid the worst battles. Pirates are unpredictable, though. These are
just guidelines, details vary on each mission. Plan your course for destination:
- There was a period when I took meticulous notes of the success
of the various gun men, or bots, or teddies. The result can be seen
in my Battle Statistics.
- Jason Compton from lemon64 gives tips
in his game review
- Christian Brandt shares his experiences on comp.sys.cbm
- The German C64 Wiki contains detailed suggestions,
published here in an English translation
- Here's a collection of Crew suggestions from various
- And of course, don't forget Mike Lorenzen's tips in the original
the brilliant pages in the
- With all these tips, you can get competitive now! Over at cbm8bit, there is a
highscore list to show off your skills.