psi5.cerebus.de proudly presents
Gary Wong's 20th Anniversary Edition
Highly talented programmer, designer and musician Gary Wong
has undertaken the immense task of rewriting the game, achieving
a 21st century look and the original 1985 game play. This will
forever change your favourite game!
Unforunately, I lost contact with Gary about two years ago, and
never heard from him since. I assume his life has moved on and
he has no more time for game programming. Luckily, though, he sent me a late
beta version of the game. It is fully playable and nearly done.
Differences to the planned final version:
- Hi-Res rendered graphics (see screenshot)
- Animated rendered characters and spaceships
- Individual synthesised speech output for the crew messages
- Cross-platform operation (Linux and Windows)
- Glorious re-recorded music and sound effects
It would be be a waste to hide this jewel of retro gaming from the fans,
so I take the risk of publishing it here without Gary's explicit
permission. Gary, if you're out there and don't want the beta to
be public, let me know and I'll take it down.
- Only some of the characters have rendered animations
- Only some of the crew have synthesised speech for messages
- A Linux version exists, but I don't have a copy :-(
Download Windows binaries here (16 MB).
How to play
Easy, just unzip. In the folder, run psi-5-setup.exe. That allows to
play around with graphics options to optimise the display for your
system. Once you're satisfied, close this and run psi5.exe. From then
on, it's just like the old game, only better!
Sitemap | News | Guest Book