The Main Window
The main application window is divided into 6 tiles. The lighter coloured ones are buttons you can click: they change colour when you move the mouse over them. The darker ones are just displaying information. You can find out their function any time by hovering the mouse over a tile and waiting for 3 seconds. If you activated merging, a number of controls are displayed to indicate the merge settings:
- the first is always on, it indicates merging is active
- the second, if on, indicates that a master termbase is defined, and will be used.
- the third, if on, indicates that language merging is active.
Once you drag one or more files over the window, it will change colour. A green background indicates that there is at least one valid file in the dragged content, while red indicates that no suitable content was discovered. Once conversion is finished, the background turns to grey again.
Description of the tiles
- Title: allows you to check the build number of the program
- settings: opens the settings dialog
- help: shows the help file
- in: displays (some of) the permitted input file extensions. This is mostly interesting to see if the tool discovered installed versions of MultiTerm (sdltb is present) and Excel (xls is present).
- exit: close the application. This button changes to "cancel" while a conversion is running
- out: displays the formats that will be created. The first one is the the target format if an sdltb file is converted. You can change this in the settings. The second one is the target format for any other input. This is usually sdltb, unless MultiTerm is not installed, in which case it turns to tbx. It can also change if you choose to manually set the output format for non-termbases.
While the main window is selected, you can access all functions by keyboard shortcuts:
- Alt + S: Open settings dialog
- Alt + O: Open file dialog (instead of dragging and dropping a file)
- Alt + H or F1: Open this help file
- Alt + X or Alt + F4: Close application
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Generate EPub eBooks with ease